Jon Levell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks very much Andrew, altering the resolve.conf fixed the problem.

Good, I'm a bit embarrassed about the method I suggested as it was an
ugly hack. I better solution is to get pppd to ask the peer it connects
to for the nameserver by putting the option usepeerdns in
/etc/ppp/peers/speedtch (or whatever the script is called - if I use the
speedtouchconf package to set up the userspace driver it calls the
script adsl). That way pppd will create a file /etc/ppp/resolv.conf with
the numbers you need and it will get updated every time you connect. All
you have to do then is put a symbolic link in /etc pointing at
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf
su
password
cd /etc