Simon Morgan wrote:

> Having trouble with Speedtouch 1.3.1 and Debian Sarge. Managed to
> install it fine, but when
A mail about new Debian package was just recently posted to the list.
Try looking at the http://perso.wanadoo.fr/superdindon/speedtouch-mod/

> speedtouch-start) with no success. At least part of the problem seems
> to be modem_run,
> when I run it manually it does nothing and just exits. Even if I
> specify -v 3 I get absolutely
> no output either to the terminal or to /var/log/messages (apart from a
> bit of text telling me
> I've actually tried to run modem_run).
I looks like a problem with modem_run semaphore again. Check if the
modem_run semaphore is present by running "ipcs" command. The key of the
semaphore should be 0xdeadbeef. If it is present, try to remove it prior
running modem_run by "ipcrm -S 0xdeadbeef". Also, there are some posts
concerning this issue in the mailing list so check its archive for more
information.

Regards,

Andrej