Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> SuperDindon a écrit :
>
>>Hi,
>
> [cut]
>
>>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/superdindon/speedtouch-mod/
>
> [cut]
>
>>i hope that it'll make many people to immigrate from Windows, before that
>>those sucking software patents stave off Linux to grow up
>
> [cut]
>
> Like I said earlier, you cannot redistribute the firmare. See clause 4
> of their license:

So the debian package should probably download the firmware to the right
place for you at installation (after asking you, of course!). I remember
seeing other packages which do this, though they currently escape my memory.

Incidentally, my feeling having made the upgrade to kernel 2.6.10 is
that the kernel firmware loading is so vastly superior to modem_run that
any package based on modem_run would be misguided. (Others have said it,
but thanks Duncan and co for all your work on it!)

> - ask them to change the License (why not since they provided the
> firwmare separately only for Linux users).

somebody probably ought to at least ask them - if you don't ask, you
don't get!

Cheers

Richard