Andrew Benton wrote:
Stuff with mistakes in. Let me try again.

Move /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 out of the way (drag
and drop it somewhere?) then make a script called /etc/ppp/peers/speedtch and
put in it

lcp-echo-interval 10
lcp-echo-failure 3
noipdefault
defaultroute
user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
noauth
noaccomp
nopcomp
noccp
novj
holdoff 4
persist
maxfail 25
updetach
usepeerdns
plugin rp-pppoe.so
nas0

Change [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the username you have with your ISP then reboot.
As root use this
command to setup the bridging connection

/usr/sbin/br2684ctl -b -c 0 -a VP.VC   (change VP.VC for the values for your
country/ISP)

Wait 5 or 10 seconds for the line to settle then issue the command

ifconfig nas0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

Wait another 5 or 10 seconds then call pppd with the command

/usr/sbin/pppd call speedtch

I hope that works. Sorry about that last message. I should have checked it
worked before I
sent it.