----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Trois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <speedtouch@ml.free.fr>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 7:38 PM
Subject: [speedtouch] Re: Speedbundle/Speedtouch under Yellow Dog Linux
4.0.1

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7812&package_id=7954&release_id=156242

> > That's if you need to. If your distro is based on Fedora Core 3 it may
already have
> > an ATM aware version of ppp installed. Check to see if
/usr/lib/pppd/2.4.3 has
> > pppoatm.so in it
>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Thanks for this advice; I have spent some time, on and off,
> trying to put it to use and fiddling in all directions. Finally, it came
> to this.
>
> First, I had to get a suitable version of ppp (Yellow Dog has only
> 2.4.2).
Most of ppp-2.4.2 are already patched for pppoatm plugin. Is it not your
case?

> For this, I installed two Mandrake packages,
> ppp-2.4.3-4mdk.ppc.rpm and ppp-pppoatm-2.4.3-4mdk.ppc.rpm. As a result,
> I have ppp-2.4.3 installed, with the pppoatm plugin (pppoatm.so is in
> /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.3 all right).
>
> Then, going to Speedbundle, I removed from the Makefile the references
> to the module, to atm and to ppp, and was able to build the program
> without trouble. I then thought that I had reached success, but no, as
> shown by this error:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] speedbundle-1.0]# pppd call speedtch
> pppd: /usr/lib/libatm.so.1: symbol __fprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4
> not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> pppd: Couldn't load plugin pppoatm.so
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] speedbundle-1.0]#
>
> It would seem there is some mismatch between libraries and so on. I
> would be grateful for all suggestions as to what I could do at this stage.

You would better compile ppp-2.4.3 from sources.
You may before need to compile libpcap-0.9.0 wich is in alpha stage.
ppp-2.4.3 could work with libpcap-0.8.3 but not with dial-on-demand.