First of all, props on the guide, it's very helpful. But, I am a
beginner Linux user and there are a few things I need explained in
more detail.
Firstly, I am running Fedora Core 2.6 alongside Windows XP Nemesis,
and I have a version 4 Speedtouch Modem (the silver one). I am a
little confused as to how to "split the Firmare in two". How do I do
this? Broken down into very simple steps would be appreciated. I have
included a screenshot of the window with my firmware extractor.
http://img232.echo.cx/img232/2747/screenshot7ii.png

According to the guide after I've done that I need to copy the
"speedtch-1.bin" and "speedtch-2.bin" files, now that I can do! After
that it is the chap/pap secrets. I am unsure what my ISP uses so I am
going to edit them both, I have included a screenshot of what I did,
is it correct? http://img122.echo.cx/img122/8962/screenshot12nk.png

Finally I need to set-up the "ifcfg-ppp0" file, now there wasn't one
when I started but I made one, is this what it is supposed to look
like? http://img122.echo.cx/img122/5242/screenshot28bv.png

Please help me if possible, and thankyou for your time and your patience.