I am a new user of Linux and I have problems with the
configuration of the Speedtouch 330 usb modem.
I had installed a Debian distribution from Linex. I
also have downloaded and installed the binary package
"Debian package for i386" (speedtouch_1.3-1_i386.deb)
and copy the firmware file into etc/speedtouch.
However when I try to start the conection it appear:

Starting ADSL conection...

What is the problem? I am doing something wrong?
Please help me! Thank U very much.
Regards,
Leonardo Marzano