Thanks.  Problems upgrading the kernel now...

rpm -Uvh kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3.x86_64 replaces my existing kernel &
grub.conf options; and then fails to boot successfully. (*)  So a reinstall
of my original FC3 distribution later, ...

can you advise
- how to have rpm add the new kernel as an altnernative option
- whether the kernel-doc & kernel-smp rpms matter, and should be
installed before the basic kernel rpm (they don't seem to be required)
- or whether I'd be better to forget rpm for this, and get 2.6.11.8 directly
from www.kernel.org?

Thanks very much again.

James

(*) I had already successfully updated to:

udev-039-10.FC3.7.x86_64
policycoreutils-1.18.1-2.10.x86_64
selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.96.noarch

all from the FC3/upgrades/3/x86_64 tree.