Marcin Orda wrote:
> My speedtouch module is built into kernel too, so are the necessary
> modules. I'm using Debian SID. Did you mean that solution as a permanent
> solution or just a fudge?

It was just a suggestion, I didn't have a plan.

> I'm asking because after appending pci=noacpi to the kernel boot params,
> restoration of serial ports parameters stalls for quite a while. Didn't
> yet figure it out why though.

I vaguely remember that the first time the pci=noacpi option helped me was with
kernel I'd compiled myself. During the boot process the kernel hung probing the
hardware reading the interrupts for the cdrom. The pci=noacpi option was a
temporary
workaround, the real solution was to enable support for the right chipset on the
Device Drivers --->
ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support  ---> menu in the kernel config. I hope some of this
feverish arm waving helps. Working out the details of a good kernel config can
be a
subtle and complex business