Selon Adam Dyga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Gilles Espinasse:
>
> >Are you able to load this file (2 MB full of bit at 1) made by Andrej
> Kristofic
> >that I have have copied at http://g.esp.free.fr/download/ones.bin
> >
> >This file has a particular effect on PIIX3 chipset, your hardware will bug
> and
> >need to be reset to work again.
> >I had the same problem with a VIA chipset too, I don't remember the ID.
> >

> What do you mean by loading this file...
no, just load it with wget
with PIIX3 or the VIA chipset I have tested, all the time, the usb controller
hang.

The controller I have tested is
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 2)

First investigation were there
http://www.mail-archive.com/speedtouch@ml.free.fr/msg06639.html

The full story on linux-usb is there
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=109766570429758&w=2

> Should I use modem_run? If I do
> that by invoking
> modem_run -f ones.bin I get these log messages:

If you have already load it inside your computer, the problem is elsewhere
For unkow reason (by me), data in the file make trouble to the usb controller.

> I try after that to load the correct firmware the modem_run fails too
> and the machine must be rebooted.

unload usb-uhci is faster and load it again

You may try the solution suggested by Alan Stern to debug the problem :
recompile the kernel with usb debug enabled.

Gilles