Charles Trois wrote:
> Thanks Andrew. The Gentoo way is not yet open for me, because Gentoo
> relies on a  working Internet connexion for everything.

I know what you mean. That's the reason I've never done Gentoo myself.

> However, I
> patched the linux-atm source all right and resumed the compilation of
> Speedbundle. After a bit, there was a new error:
>
> What am I to do now?

If I were you I would give up on the speedbundle. Your current error message is
from it attempting to compile modem_run to load the firmware into the modem.
modem_run is no longer needed. Since 2.6.10 the kernel can load the firmware
itself. If I were you I would try to follow either the LFS or Slackware pages
(they're very similar). http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/LFS/index.html