Andrew Walrond wrote:
>       ATM dev 0: error -110 fetching device status
>
> Other details:
>
>       Linux 2.6.14.2, x86_64, smp preempt.
>       Silver modem.
>       $ cat /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep -B 1 THOMSON
>               P:  Vendor=06b9 ProdID=4061 Rev= 4.00
>               S:  Manufacturer=THOMSON
>
> Is this a known issue?

This looks like an issue that has been (and is still being) discussed
on the
kernel mailing list. Eg
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0511.3/0044.html
It seems to only affect silver revision 4 modems.

> Is there anything I can do to reestablish the link without rebooting the
> machine?

I don't know, but if it was me I'd try

rmmod speedtch
killall pppd
modprobe speedtch # (wait for firmware to load)
pppd call filename

Of course, the catch 22 is that if it's a remote machine and the internet
connection has gone down you'll need to automate it with a script.
Andy

Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]