Hi Max,

> sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic 0x7d4e692e>]

this is your pppd saying it wants to negotiate with your ISP.

> rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <auth pap> <magic 0xc41281ca>]

This is your ISP saying it wants to do pap authentification.

> No auth is possible

This is pppd saying it can't do pap, probably because it
was configured to not do so, because for example your
config file has refuse-eap, refuse-pap and refuse-chap;
though it's more likely that your pap-secrets file is
set up wrong (though it looks ok to me), or that you
forgot to put
        user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
in your options file or something like that.

Ciao,

Duncan.