Andrew Benton a écrit :

> does anyone know if the Gentoo page still works?

No, it does not work any more; I have been complaining about it for ages
on this list, but nobody took notice.

>  There have been some significant
> changes to udev and firmware loading since the page was written so I
> have my doubts that the information in it is still current.

I have not experienced any trouble apparently stemming from udev or
firmware loading, but there are other changes, related to the latest
version of ppp (ppp-2.4.3-r10); it requires a new version of baselayout
(baselayout-1.2.10-pre15-r1 in my case), and the result is that "pppd"
no longer refers to a binary in /usr/sbin, but to a script in
/lib/rcscripts/net.modules.d. There is no /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 script
any more. In /etc/conf.d/net.ppp0, the line PEER="speedtch" is no longer
adequate, and the way to properly write the file is not clear.

Meanwhile, as I still have the old /usr/sbin/pppd file, I have put a
line "pppd call speedtch" in /etc/init.d/local. That makes it work, but
it's not the right way.

I apologize for not being able to offer any positive help in this
matter. I believe that it requires the advice of a real Gentoo expert.

Cheers.

Charles

Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]