> I have opensuse 10.0 with speedtouch ST330 on usb. I have configured it to
> work by using script from http://steve-parker.org/speedtouchconf/
>
> Previously I have used mandrake 10.0 on a different harddrive and the modem
> was working perfect.
>
> Now, it works from time to time. Here is output from /var/log/messages about
> trying to establish the connection:

Does the line synchronize in the same way

Dec 22 01:41:43 linux modem_run[5700]: ADSL synchronization has been obtained
Dec 22 01:41:43 linux modem_run[5700]: ADSL line is up (640 kbit/s down | 160
kbit/s up)
Dec 22 01:41:44 linux kernel: HDLC line discipline: version $Revision: 4.8 $,
maxframe=4096

when things fail to work?  I think the best thing is to send the complete
extract from the log for a failed attempt, like you did for an attempt that
worked.

Ciao,

Duncan.