Tried somtehin gdiffernt since then adn seems nto ot be a timing
problem.

Witeh the second hard drive COONECTED (but not as boot) I get a iptables
error on initialisation adn it picks up out of date network files.  When
the secnodn hard dirve is DISCONNECTED no errors adn works fien.

out of my depth and deeply lost.

rg