Hello,

After three failed attempts to install different  versions of Linux I want to
give it another  go and install Ubuntu 6.06.  To give me some help I obtained
the book
by Marcel Cagné and the accompanying DVD.
My question to you: Is it possible to prepare some  tasks  under win XP such as
downloading firmware, splitting it,  etc....
May be there's something I can do under control of  the live DVD?   What is the
best way to install the speedtouch modem given that  I have to keep Win XP
running for different reasons.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Wim.