Duncan Sands wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
>> Debian Etch, 2.6.18 stock kernel.
>
> can you please try 2.6.19.  Extra modem initialization
> code was added, based on some reverse engineering by
> David Woodhouse.  That said, I can get 3-4 meg with
> a "manta-ray" even without that, i.e. about 400kbytes/sec
> which is what you reported you could get by playing tricks.
>
> What is in your /proc/net/atm/devices file?
/proc/net/atm/devices:

    Itf Type    ESI/"MAC"addr AAL(TX,err,RX,err,drop) ...
    [refcnt]
      0 speedtch0090d00d3ff2  0 ( 0 0 0 0 0 )  5 ( 127678 0 191135 13 0
    )   [2]

I am downloading 2.6.19.2 at now from kernel.org, I'll post results as
soon as I have finished. Problem is Debian havent released it yet, so
I'll have to compile it myself (luckily I have my main server to do
this, a 2GHz Athlon64, compiling a kernel on a 500MHz Celery is not fun)

Regards
Karl Wagner