Duncan Sands wrote:
>> Ok, that helped a bit. I am now getting a more consistent 3Meg, but this
>> is still only half what I can get on the ISP-supplied router. One thing
>> I'm noticing is that IRQ's are taking up a lot of CPU time (5-10%).
>> Could this have something to do with it? Or is 3Meg the most I am likely
>> to get from a rev0?
>>

> I don't think you'll ever get much more than that from a rev0.  With a
> rev4 you need to use enable_isoc=1 to go really fast.  You may want to
> try sw_buffering=1 (use "modinfo speedtch" to see all the parameters).
>
> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.
>
> Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is good enough for me for now, It was only for testing. Just for my
information, however...

1) Will the Rev. 4 (or higher) support the full 8Meg d/l speeds? If so,
are they still available new? Are they only made by alcatel, or do OEMs
supply them rebranded?
2) Are there any other well-supported USB DSL modems out there? Has
anyone on the list had any experience with these? If so what were your
results?

Regards
Karl Wagner