I used to be on the hg end also - but I was participating in projects on
Launchpad; that started to erode my preference.... I think later (>1.5?)
releases of bzr are "snappier"...

Anyway - the supporting environment is important (look at sourceforge,
code.google, launchpad...)

Sebastian:  thanks for those links...  I'll check them out.
I've seen sharesource before, and preferred what launchpad offers for
running a project.

Regards,
Yarko