Hello,

Am 16.02.2011 15:47, schrieb gilberto dos santos alves:
> there are one parameter that sets  true or false to show warning
> messages. you could find in manual of sphinx in directory ./doc
I assume you are referring to "unused_docs" (which is deprecated since
1.0), which _suppresses_ the warnings.

I am not looking for a way to simply suppress the warnings. My problem
is that the files that is warned about still end up in the final
documentation. However, when packaging our software, not all components
will be part of the final package. Therefore, I only want to include
documentation for those components that are actually packaged.  However,
sphinx includes all documentation it can find in any subdirectory.

 I only found a way to explicitly _exclude_ certain files. Is there any
switch/option to tell sphinx which files it should _include_ (only)?

Explicit exclusion via "exclude_patterns/trees/dirnames" would be very
inconvenient as it would require exhaustive listing of all
files/subtrees that are not part of the package.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with Python  and not at all with
modifying/recompiling (?) Python eggs (like Sphinx). Otherwise, I'd
probably have look at the code directly and try to supply a patch ( if
desired).

Johannes