Hi everyone,

I'm using sphinx to document a python project of mine. I've run into a
problem with the automodule directive - it seems to ignore module-level
docstrings. For example:

in module.py:

<code>

"""
My Module
#########

General introductory text to this module - links to classes & functions
defined in the module go here.

"""

def a_function():
    """some docstring for a_function."""

class Foo(object):
    """Some docstring for Foo."""

</code>

in my sphinx documentation files, I have:

<code>
.. automodule:: module
    :members:
</code>

What I expect to see in the output is something similar to:
<output>
<heading>My module</heading>

General introductory text to this module - links to classes & functions
defined in the module go here.

documentation for 'a_function'

documentation for 'Foo'
</output>

Instead, I just get the documentation for the functions & classes defined
in that module.

Is there any way to get the automodule directive to use module-level
docstrings as an introductory text to the module documentation?

Thanks,