On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Brecht Machiels wrote:

Hi,

I don't have much experience with the Sphinx LaTeX builder and tables, so I can't offer any useful advice about that specifically.

However, I will take this opportunity to suggest that you try the rinohtype Sphinx builder, which also produces PDF output. rinohtype is still in beta phase, but should be able to render most Sphinx documents. More importantly, styling of the document should be much easier compared to LaTeX. You can find more information here: http://www.mos6581.org/rinohtype/

I would be very interested to receive feedback on how it handles documents with complex tables requirements. Please report any issues or submit suggestions on the project's issue tracker: https://github.com/brechtm/rinohtype/issues

I will be making a new release in the next couple of days. I'll announce it on this mailing list when it is available.

Best regards,
Brecht

On 2016-10-28 01:08:36 +0000, Warren Block said:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Peter Burdine wrote:

Sorry about that, now that I think about it, that requires the following in your preamble:
\usepackage{array,ragged2e}
Sorry about that, it is difficult to remember all of the requirements.  Does that help?

It does and I might try it, but after adding table column widths, several pages of the PDF have non-table text running off the bottom of the page. So it's looking it might be necessary to use rst2pdf.