Thanks to all who responded. I have officially switched around the bleed
nipple, and bled the system. A definite improvement when shifting during the
5 minute test drive I took.

To think I drove around like that for 1.5 years (which was when I rebuilt
the clutch master and slave cylinder). I guess I put the bleed nipple on the
bottom because logic told me it was alot easier to bled in that position.
However, in retrospect the physics (i.e. air rises) seem to dictate over
logic in this case.

Any tips to ensure I bled the system throughly? I read a thread where
someone jacked the car up over night....

Once again Thanks!

Jim Cullen
1974 Spitfire
Windsor, Ontario

///  [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
///  Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
///  Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]