Darrel, Before NASS was started, I tried to get VTR to allow us to set up a "Chapter" under the auspices of VTR specifically for Spitfires. The idea was to have dues paid to The chapter and a portion go to VTR to be an umbrella club under that organization. The membership would enable members to attend VTR events but not vote unless the member upgraded to a full membership.
My response was that there is no provision in the VTR charter to allow such a relationship, that the chapters were for specific geographic areas. End of story! Nobody thought it was a good enough idea to pursue it for Spitfires and other specialty clubs as well. Maybe it is time to reopen that issue and bring all the specialty clubs into the fold? Joe -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:18 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected] Subject: Re: VTR "ET All" In a message dated 5/25/2005 9:47:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: > love the 'ideal' of your statement of.... 'one club'.... for Triumphs, > but...... > > History has shown that simply doesn't work. At almost all > major events across the U.S. at least (AND on the various lists) , > the 'nose thumbing' of the big TR guys towards the Spitfire and > GT6 has become intolerable. Considering the production volumes > and runs, (1960 all the way through 1980), it's totally unwarranted. > > Paul, You know I have been around the block since 1989 attending National meets and I have seen very little of the nose thumbing you speak of. OK maybe the marque specific clubs for Sixes, Side Screen Triumph's and Stags could give you a false impression. But they were founded for that unique purpose just like NASS. I have certainly seen none of this in VTR. I have a 76 1500 and a 70 MK 3 that I have taken to VTR Nationals and I have enjoyed myself hanging out with all the Spitfire Type Guys. No one looking down at me, and if they were I would just tear them up on the Autocross course. Bill Mcdivits MK 1 Spitfire has done very well in VTR Concours including winning the very prestigious George Rabey Preservation Award. TR7 Guys could offer up the same complaint but my 81 TR7 was awarded BOS Concours in Portland, OR. As long as I am Chief Judge Spitfires will get a fair shake. Where can I pay dues to Nass? I blew it and let my membership lapse. I have a GT6+ under construction and may need some help. Thanks, Darrell Floyd *** http://www.team.net/the-local *** Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html *** unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try *** http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool *** http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo *** Archives at http://www.team.net/archive *** Edit your replies!
