-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

...Those 4 nut & bolt combos on the flange at the rear were a royal pain....

==AM==
Those I always tackle pretty much first (after the interior and tunnel are out of the way) while the car is still on the ground. Admittedly it's a tight squeeze, but a box wrench on the bolt head and an open end on the nyloc usually work pretty quickly for me.

==AM==

...The clutch slave cylinder? Won't budge(even after loosening pinch bolt), so I drained the fluid and removed the hydraulic line. Darn, and I just re-bleeded it too this
summer.

==AM==
Can't you simply undo the two bolts holding the bracket into which the cylinder goes, and swing the entire assembly out of the way? or is this a single-rail gearbox with some arrangement of the slave cylinder that I'm not remembering?
==AM==

The only thing I have yet to unbolt is the mounting plate near the rear. Once that is unbolted, I assume then the transmission is loose? I have yet to remove
the exhaust(next step), and then build some support underneath.

==AM==
I usually undo the nuts on the rubber mounts rather than try to remove the mount plate itself; less to get in the way whilst dragging the gearbox out through the interior!
==AM==

i assume then the transmission will hopefully come loose. With 12 hours of prep work(removing/labelling wires, interior gutting), just getting the transmission
out is a longer process than I thought.

==AM==
Maybe I've had far too much practice over the years. ;-) Granted, a Herald interior is easier to strip out, but I can get the gearbox out of the Herald by myself in about 90 minutes.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to