On Fri, 12 May 2006, s.ulrich wrote:

> list
>
> Actually the first thing I thought of (other than Twelve Monkeys) was
> some kind of smaller "operation" without the resources that
> governments/spys might have, for example drug runners.
>
> Doing it via phone means you can set up the whole thing by remote - you
> don't need to put up antennas and transmitters and such, so both the
> sending and recieving party could be anywhere in the world. It would be
> less secure in the long run as records could be traced, but if whatever
> you're doing is short-term, this wouldn't matter. Its not too hard to
> set up a phone number with fake or stolen information, and the rest
> could have been set up from a coffee shop/internet cafe anywhere...
>
> Or the whole thing is just a prank.

Why broadcast it to the world if it's something serious (or even
semi-serious)? Putting it on a message board is bound to get a lot of
attention!

I suspect either a prank or someone is trying to observe something about
people or groups.

Maybe when it's decoded it is going to say "Al Fansome check tire
pressure".  :-)

73, Zack