On 11-02-11 12:43 PM, ke6...@gmail.com wrote:
> They pretty much pop up whenever and where ever they want. They were active a
> couple months back on or about 2750 KHz. Back in 2005 they seemed to like
> 5800 KHz, also a favorite for M08a/V02a. They've also been heard around 3, 6
> and 7MHz.

Thank you, I did an extensive search but all information seems many
years old.

My aim is to see if it's true that there might be a connection between
their high powered broadcasts (650 million Watts) and how it may affect
the weather. In other words, I would keep track of their broadcasts and
compare it to the worldwide weather. Since I'm relative close in North
Western Canada, I figured that I must be able to hear them.

And for those who are interested, I'm currently setting up a 100KHz to
1300MHz receiving station which is internet accessible (and tunable !)
worldwide through www.GlobalTuners.com It's currently working for AM and
FM using an ICOM PC-R100 receiver, but CW and SSB shortwave will soon be
added using an ICOM IC-718 transceiver and an excellent shortwave
antenna. There is no cost involved to use my radio and no special
software is needed. Once the IC-718 is installed, then it will also be
available 24/7 via the internet.
Thank you for the help, I'm retired with nothing better to do......
Rene - VE6WCA