I noticed that too; I'll try to look around tonight. 5883 kHz was empty.

-----Original Message-----
From: KC2TTK
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 0:32
To: Shortwave Spy Numbers Stations
Subject: Re: [Spooks] V2a and SK01 at 18MHz

this list

Brandon Longo <palm...@aol.com> wrote:

>from this list
>
>I'm not sure what they're doing but I just caught SK01 (6/30/12
>21:13z) on
>HamDRM. It was at the unusual frequency of 17478 kHz. This time I
>recorded
>it until the end using a large metal structure as an antenna.
>Unfortunately,
>as I had to hold the antenna to it with one hand and operate the audio
>
>recorder with the other hand, there are gaps and pops scattered
>throughout
>the lesser-important parts of the transmission. I will try to decode
>these.
>For now, I'll post the recording on SoundCloud and Youtube after these
>end.
>I'll also toss back together my broken Grundig G3 and see if the
>synchronous
>detector will improve my signal-to-noise ratio.
>
>On another important note, they seem to be moving to half-hour
>transmissions
>instead of hour transmissions. This one ended at 21:28z.
>
>I heard a report of SK01 in HamDRM on 12120, so I'll keep another eye
>around
>there. Seems as if they're going through major changes, and Pedro is
>slacking off.
>
>KC2TTK: I'll make longer recordings. That day I wasn't expecting to
>find
>these stations.

Owing to the uncooperative weather in NYC I was up at 0400-0800 UTC and able
to tune in for the overnight M08a/V02a/SK01 in the 5.8KHz range.  There was
no carrier at all.  I'm hesitant to say  that DGI has overhauled their
schedules and frequencies until there's enough evidence, but it seems that
congratulations may be in order: not only a new Cuban frequency, but perhaps
also a new format!

Many thanks, Brandon.

- KC2TTK/M

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net