Robert, your description of the conflict situation does not match my understanding. A new rFC can always update existing RFCs. However, it can't do so silently. If this document wants to make a change to 8200's rules, it needs to say so. And explain the benefit. And have the proposal discussed in 6man.

The current document that has requested working group adoption does not address these needs.

Yours,
Joel