<snip>

> This is absolutely false!

> Have you forgotten the very strong arguments against it at the Spring session
> in Montreal and the various emails on the list that echoed them 😉
> Not to mention comments from Robert R
> (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/6bdX_gb47uFYnd6ytwFLPYxXCYo).

Arguments against a proposal in the IETF are meant to be judged on technical
merit. Yes - I heard arguments in Montreal about previous work done on
alternatives and about srv6+ supposedly being late to the party - but the
technical arguments - those I didn’t hear, maybe I missed them, so, if I did, I
apologize, and perhaps you can assist us it in telling us what they were.

As I have said to others - if there are technical problems with the stuff we
are working on here - put those issues on the table - and where possible
speaking for myself here - every effort will be made to accommodate - but - you
are late to the party - is not a valid argument.

> Yes, indeed Ron presented the proposal to every workgroup possible in
> Montreal, only to find no interest from anyone.
> I would advise you to read that silence differently. 😉

I would advise taking a close read on RFC7282 - specifically section 2.

And as a final thought:

One of the things that was being said - was that network programming took years
to develop etc - well - in this industry years - is a lifetime - and sometimes
if something takes years - an alternative will arise during that development
cycle - that either addresses needs in a different manner that is more
efficient, or addresses additional needs beyond those addresses by the original
still in progress ideas.  That I would argue is the sign of a healthy
developing industry that is getting contributions from people who have
perspectives beyond that of the proposer of the original idea.  That - is
called progress

Andrew