On 6/9/19 18:32, Chengli (Cheng Li) wrote:

> But I have a question:
>
> Why do these kind of arguments emerge right now instead of 5 years ago?
> We left the “problem “ for 5 years? And suddenly we notice them? How
> interesting.

One possibility:
All this kind of arguments did emerge a long time ago -- NAmely, when
working on rfc2460bis, which eventually became RFC8200. As a results of
the problems associated with EH-insertion, there was IETF consensus to
explicitly ban it in RFC8200. Maybe some 6man'ers were not subscribed to
the spring wg list, were quite surprised to see documents relying on
EH-insertion (one ins spring, and another, indirectly, in lsr), and
hence decided to comment.

Just a guess, though.

--
Fernando Gont