Hi Robert,

>>Well the crux of the matter is that you still need to process all EHs at each
>>IPv6 destination which here means each transit node per RFC8200

 From RFC 8200 that doesn't seem to be the case or at least as I
understand. See  Section 4.1 note 1 and note 3. Am I missing
something?

IPv6 header
      Hop-by-Hop Options header
      Destination Options header (note 1)
      Routing header
      Fragment header
      Authentication header (note 2)
      Encapsulating Security Payload header (note 2)
      Destination Options header (note 3)
      Upper-Layer header

      note 1: for options to be processed by the first destination that
              appears in the IPv6 Destination Address field plus
              subsequent destinations listed in the Routing header.

      note 2: additional recommendations regarding the relative order of
              the Authentication and Encapsulating Security Payload
              headers are given in [RFC4303
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4303>].

      note 3: for options to be processed only by the final destination
              of the packet.

Regards
Reji