Andrew,

I am a bit confused (not unusual). Can you get back to basics on my questions
below?

On 07-Dec-19 11:23, Andrew Alston wrote:
> Ole - so - let me understand something.
>
> The definition of consensus - among other things - say that all outstanding
> objections have been addressed (though not potentially resolved).  When you
> have multiple people saying - a draft violates RFC8200 and that is a concern
> -

Are you referring to draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming-05?

If not, the subject header of this thread is a bit confusing.

If so, why are you asking Ole? The WG last call is in the spring WG, with a
courtesy copy to 6MAN.

> and if such a thing is required, an update to RFC8200 should be done.

Why does that follow? Alternatively, draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming
could acknowledge that it deviates from RFC8200. Whether that's acceptable
would be a question for the IETF Last Call rather than any single WG.

At the moment, the draft only mentions RFC8200 in a context that discusses
neither insertion nor removal of extension headers, which is beside the point.
Like draft-voyer, if it describes a violation of RFC8200, shouldn't that be
explicit in the text?

There's a lot of jargon in draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming. I can't
tell from the jargon whether "insert" means "insert on the fly" and whether
"Pop the SRH" means "delete on the fly". Should those terms be clarified before
the draft advances?

> Multiple concerns have been raised - a number of which have not been
> addressed to the satisfaction of those asking the questions.
>
> Yet - we now see documents being pushed through to last call

Erm, that's what Last Call is for - finding the things that haven't been
settled. But for draft-ietf-spring-*, it's the spring WG chairs you should be
asking, IMHO.

Regards,
  Brian