From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of "li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com"
<li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 3:14 AM
To: Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org>, "i...@ietf.org" <i...@ietf.org>,
"spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>
Cc: 6man Chairs <6man-cha...@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [spring] 6man w.g. last call for <draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam>

Hello Ole and all,

I re-read this version again with the following comments for the WGLC.

1. Section 4.2.2.2, the penultimate bullet.
The sentence "The traceroute process at node N4 checks if its local SID
(B:2:C31) is locally programmed" should be "The traceroute process at node N4
checks if its local SID (B:4:C52) is locally programmed".

2. Requirements Language
[RFC8174] should be added as a nomative reference.

3. Section 3.5 SRH TLV
This section only tells us SRH TLV is defined in
ietf-6man-segment-routing-header, nothing else. I think this section should be
removed.

[ZA] Indeed, the current draft does not define any TLV for OAM purposes.
However, section was added as future drafts may define OAM TLVs. However, based
on your comments, the section has been removed in the new revision.

4. Section 4.3 Monitoring of SRv6 Paths
This section is a story or a use case. No specification is defined in this
section. It should be removed or moved to an appendix.

[ZA] It is a use case.

5. Section 2.1 Abbreviations
ICMPv6 is defined in RFC4443. Why does this draft use it as multi-part ICMPv6
defined in RFC4884. This is confusing.

[ZA] Fixed the Section 2.1 Abbreviations. However, please note that the draft
consistently mentions the RFC4443. Furthermore, the RFC4884 is equally
applicable.

6. Section 4.1.3 Error Reporting
ICMPv6 is defined in ICMPv6 related RFCs. Does this section want to extend
ICMPv6? If yes, I don't think this doc is the appropriate place. If no, why do
we need this section? to emphasize the things that a router should do?

[ZA] No the section does not extend the ICMPv6. Inclusion is useful for the
reader of the draft (for completeness). However, based on your comment we have
removed the section.

Thanks

Regards … Zafar

<snip>