Dear IPPM (and SPRING) participants,

I'm solliciting interest in a new network monitoring metric which allows to
detect and locate congested interfaces. Important properties are

  *   Same scalability as ICMP ping in the sense one measurement relation
required per monitored connection
  *   Adds detection and location of congested interfaces as compared to ICMP
ping (otherwise measured metrics are compatible with ICMP ping)
  *   Requires Segment Routing (which means, measurement on forwarding layer,
no other interaction with passed routers - in opposite to ICMP ping)
  *   Active measurement (may be deployed using a single sender&receiver or
separate sender and receiver, Segment Routing allows for both options)

I'd be happy to present the draft in Vancouver. If there's community interest.
Please read and comment.

You'll find slides at

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/materials/slides-105-ippm-14-draft-geib-ippm-connectivity-monitoring-00

Draft url: