On 26/2/20 16:44, Robert Raszuk wrote:
Hey Sander,

No worries ... three IPv6 musketeers have already presented themselves well to this discussion. This was just one more demo of it. No need to apologize - at least me :)

And while you can call someone's opinion the way you like - the fact that SRv6 builds on top of IPv6 does not make it automatically IPv6 extension.

My perhaps subtle point was that while politically it has been sold like minor IPv6 extension from technical point it does not need to be positioned like one. The sole fact that it reuses the same ethertype does not make it an extension.

Yeah, it's not an extension: it's a major surgery to IPv6, and a major change to the IPv6 architecture (nobody would even call it "IPv6 maintenance").

A number of us wonder how many milliseconds it would have taken for this proposal to be shot down if it wasn't being pushed by a big vendor.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks