Considering the discussion about how +1’s don’t mean much – I still feel that I
need to +1 what Ted said in the below paragraph 😊

It seems to me that there is a belief that if you ignore objections long enough
– and shout loud enough – the objections will some how disappear.

That if you promise things at a meeting – like the review of the amount of
address space burn – and then do nothing – sooner or later – the issues will
disappear.

Guess what – that isn’t the case – and if people truly want to get something
passed – instead of playing a war of attrition – which seems to be what is
going on here – they will actually go and do the work and address the concerns.

Andrew

What I objected to in Maojianwei’s comment is the notion that the document
should pass last call to support the industry. No, the working group should do
the work to address the objections that have been raised. If you find yourself
explaining some concept that’s mentioned in the document using text that is not
in the document and not in another document referenced by the document, the fix
is not to just publish anyway, because it supports the industry. The fix is to
update the document. A dozen or so +1s should not be taken seriously if the
work has not been done and nobody wants to do it.