On 10/3/20 14:55, Warren Kumari wrote:
[...]

I realize that +1 is largely content free, but I believe that appeals
and recalls are an incredibly important part of the IETF process -
they are the reason that we can have a process which uses rough
consensus (not voting), and where our process has the flexibility to
(as Spencer would say) "Do the right thing!", and not blindly follow
checklists. In order for these to work, people need to be able, and
comfortable invoking appeals and recalls[0]...

Agreed.

In that light, may I ask that question #10 of https://www.ietf.org/chairs/document-writeups/document-writeup-working-group-documents/ be rephrased to something else?

At least for non-native English speakers, the phrase "Has anyone threatened an appeal" gives Appeals a very negative connotation...

(Is a formal update to RFC4858 needed for that?)

Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Fernando Gont