From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Sander Steffann
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 10:24 AM
To: Ron Bonica <rbonica=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: 6man <6...@ietf.org>; spring@ietf.org; Chengli (Cheng Li) <c...@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [spring] How CRH support SFC/Segment Endpoint option?

Hi,

> The sole purpose of a Routing header is to steer a packet along a specified
> path to its destination. It shouldn’t attempt to do any more than that.
>
> The CRH does not attempt to deliver service function information to service
> function instances. However, it is compatible with:
>
>       • The Network Service Header (NSH)
>       • The Destination Options header that precedes the Routing header
>
> Both of these can be used to deliver service function information to service
> function instances.

Clear separation of concerns in a SPRING architecture! I was afraid the hope
for a clear architecture was lost, but this makes me so happy :)

Cheers,
Sander

And to be 100% clear: I'm not being sarcastic… The messy "architectures" I have
seen in the past have driven me to despair. This work is finally something that
makes sense.