Hi Rajesh,

Please check inline below.

From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Rajesh M
Sent: 27 August 2020 12:26
To: gdawra.i...@gmail.com; Clarence Filsfils (cfilsfil) <cfils...@cisco.com>;
rob...@raszuk.net; bruno.decra...@orange.com; zhuangshun...@huawei.com;
jorge.raba...@nokia.com
Cc: spring@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [spring]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-04

Sending it again.

Juniper Business Use Only
From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:spring-boun...@ietf.org>> On
Behalf Of Rajesh M
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 8:43 AM
To: gdawra.i...@gmail.com<mailto:gdawra.i...@gmail.com>;
cfils...@cisco.com<mailto:cfils...@cisco.com>;
rob...@raszuk.net<mailto:rob...@raszuk.net>;
bruno.decra...@orange.com<mailto:bruno.decra...@orange.com>;
zhuangshun...@huawei.com<mailto:zhuangshun...@huawei.com>;
jorge.raba...@nokia.com<mailto:jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Cc: spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>
Subject: [spring] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-04

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

5<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-04*section-5__;Iw!!NEt6yMaO-gk!TZ1_c_CakbKuEYdXL_Wr1E0qNsD9LbXA6HMU_M2DQIT4UfAIr09QXsIIcfyxDZIY$>.
  BGP based L3 service over SRv6
When the egress PE sets the next-hop to a value that is not covered by the SRv6
Locator from which the SRv6 Service SID is allocated,
then the ingress PE SHOULD perform reachability check for the SRv6 Service SID
in addition to the BGP next-hop reachability procedures.

I think we should mention, few points for egress side
a) Recommended to set the bgp nexthop based upon locator.

[KT] I would think that it is difficult to normatively recommend such a thing
in the spec. There would be implementation and deployment design aspects to be
considered.

b) All the service SIDs across vrfs(DT4,DT6...) must be derived from the same
locator (this is independent of setting bgp nexthop)
[KT] I am not sure such a restriction is required and in fact would be severely
limiting in nature. Consider that some service may wish to leverage a FlexAlgo
based on delay metric computation to get from the ingress to egress PE. In such
cases, the egress PE can allocate the SRv6 SID for that service from its
FlexAlgo specific locator.

Thanks,
Ketan

Juniper Business Use Only