Hi Shunsuke,

Thanks a lot for your review and comments. Please see some replies inline:

From: spring [mailto:spring-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Shunsuke Homma
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 12:05 AM
To: James Guichard <james.n.guich...@futurewei.com>
Cc: spring@ietf.org; spring-cha...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [spring] WG Adoption Call for draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn

Hi WG,

I think that this document is good enough as starting point for the WG, and I
support the adoption. There are many drafts related to network slice with SR
(e.g., SR + Flex-algo, draft-bestbar-spring-scalable-ns, etc.) and I hope it
will be clarified which is the best in future work.

[Jie] Thanks for your support.

The following are my comments to the draft.
- The example describes three isolated VTNs. I assume (hard) isolation will
cause split loss, and oversubscription will be sometimes needed. Hence, it may
be better to allow a resource-aware SID to belong to multiple VTNs.

[Jie] In the context of SR based VTN, each resource-aware SID is associated
with one VTN. Multiple services which are mapped to the same VTN can use the
same group of SIDs to guide the packet forwarding, thus  a resource-aware SID
and the associated resources can be shared by multiple services.

- From network slicing (i.e., NaaS model) perspective, I assume visibility will
be especially important. As one more important requirement, network operators
want to provide only information of the VTN whose customer uses to that
customer. For example, if a customer gets VTN information with BGP-LS, some
mechanisms to prevent to leak other VTNs information in BGP-LS would be needed.

[Jie] Yes, depends on the operator’s policy, the amount and the granularity of
information exposed to a customer should be controlled. The considerations
about this is described in section 3.5 VTN Visibility to Customer. The required
control plane mechanism can be based on  BGP-LS mechanism in RFC7752 (and the
in progress draft-7752bis), some extension may be introduced if needed.

- There is a typo in figure2. The adj-SID of the link from 203 to 204 in green
VTN should be 2002.

[Jie] Thanks for catching the typo. We will fix it in next revision.

Best regards,
Jie

Regards,

Shunsuke

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 8:47 PM James Guichard