Robert, why would we discard information?  It seems that if folks do report such partial compliance, it is helpful to include it. Whether anyone will make such a report remains to be seen.

Yours,

Joel

On 8/13/2022 1:56 PM, Robert Raszuk wrote:
Hi Jeff,

> I’d expect to see all and each MUST statements implemented for an
> implementation to be able to claim to be 100% compliant with the specification.

Glad we agree on that.

But my point was not so much to claim 100% compliance or 90% compliance. My point was that any report which indicates even a single MUST of a given spec being unsupported should be discarded right away.

Imagine that the implementer chooses to ignore MUST and not to drop the packet when decremented TTL is 0 and thinks let the next hop drop it to save his hardware.

Frankly I am not sure what Joel (and SPRING chairs) had in mind even remotely allowing partial support for normative MUST for any draft.

Best,
Robert