Hi Robert,

Let us consider RFC8402 which has a whole bunch of MUST clauses. An
implementation may choose not to support IGP Anycast Segment. The spec does
not say that any of the Segments are mandatory for SR. However, there are
some MUST clauses to follow should implementation support it.

I hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
Ketan