Hi Joel and all,
This is great initiative indeed. and I support it
I am talking from customer (and implementer) perspective: this information
could save a lot of time, because currently I have to find such details myself
during the interop testing.It is clear what vendors are worried that such info
could be used as a tool in marketing games as Adrian already said, but it can
be played in such way if only first implementations will be captured at the
time of publication (like I am  king of the hill because I was first). Thus
some other form (such as wiki lin IDR WG, as Ketan mentioned) should exist and
updates about implementations can be put there. It might be easier than
updating  RFCs while less formal.
 Anyway the transparent and honest mechanism to track down the status of
implementations after publication is needed. Items 2 and 3 (reporting about
MUSTs and optional details) will give enough information.
The amount of information and details  (what is implemented exactly, i.e.  some
TLVs now are from private range because IANA  did not allocate yet the numbers)
for a customer are  more important  at the moment than waiting for all MUSTs
will be implemented.
SY,Boris

    On Monday, August 22, 2022, 05:00:45 AM GMT+3, Chengli (Cheng Li)