Thanks for the review Bruno. Responses inline @ [RP]

-Rishabh

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 1:27 AM <bruno.decra...@orange.com> wrote:

> Hi Rishabh, authors
>

> Speaking as an individual contributor.
>
> Following a request, I've done a review of the latest version of the draft.
>
> Please find below some proposed comments.
>

> --
>
> As a general comment, may be this draft could be better restricted to the
> SR-replication segment itself, leaving any application/VPN specifics
> outside the scope of this SPRING document. This may help with the
> resolution of some WGLC comments.

[RP]  The VPN text was introduced when we were asked to add some
description of which SIDs are allowed before and after the Replication SID.
Let me see if we can re-word the text so VPN details are kept out of scope.

> --
>
> Ideally, SR Replication and SRv6 compression would be orthogonal hence
> SRv6 compression would not need to be referenced, not to mention
> recommended ("SHOULD use a Compressed SID (C-SID) container with Downstream
> Replication SID as the Last uSID"). If you chose to keep recommending or
> even proposing uSID, you would need a normative reference to the SRv6
> compression document, which may delay the RFC publication of this document.
> Also, depending on your choices, a uSID End.Replicate Endpoint behavior may
> be needed to be allocated by the IANA.

[RP]  On further thought I agree, the Replication SID would work
identically with or without compression. I shall remove the compression
text.

> --
>
> In general, there are two replication SIDs/nodes: the one instantiating
> the replication SID and the downstream one.
>
> In order to help the reader, making this explicit in some sentences could
> be useful. e.g.
>

> §2.1 SR-MPLS
>

> OLD: There MAY be SIDs preceding the SR-MPLS Replication SID
>
> NEW: SIDs MAY be added before the downstream SR-MPLS Replication SID

[RP] Will do.

> --
>
> For the SRv6 dataplane, as the IPv6 destination address is modified en
> route, there seem to be some impact for the ICMP ping checksum.
>
> cf
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-03#section-10.2
>
> Probably, it would be useful to cover this in the document.

[RP] Will take a look and see what we can cover.