From:
                                             "gengnan"

<gengnan=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Fri, Mar 10, 2023 04:34 PM
To:&nbsp;"spring@ietf.org"<spring@ietf.org&gt;;

Subject:&nbsp;[spring] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration-10.txt

Hi all,

&nbsp;

We have updated a new version of draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration-10
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration/).
 This draft describes various threats and security concerns  related to SRv6
networks and existing approaches to solve these threats. This document can be
used as a reference for other SRv6 documents. It can also provide some guidance
to SRv6 network operations.

&nbsp;

The document has been worked on continuously for several years. If the WG &amp;
chairs think the draft is relatively stable now and can move forward, I'd like
to ask for a call for WG adoption for the draft.

Any comments are welcomed.

&nbsp;

The main updates of v10:

1. Add some descriptions on source address validation in sec. 4.3 (ID spoofing);

2. Add some descriptions on DoS which attacks the target SIDs and some
descriptions on DoS mitigation tools;

3. Remove sec. 5. The effects of the threats will be incorporated into sec. 4;

4. Update the sections of security considerations and IANA considerations.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Best,

Nan

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&gt; -----Original Message-----

&gt; From: internet-dra...@ietf.org <internet-dra...@ietf.org&gt;

&gt; Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 4:00 PM

&gt; To: Cheng Li <c...@huawei.com&gt;; Chongfeng Xie
<xie...@chinatelecom.cn&gt;;

&gt; Hui Tian <tian...@caict.ac.cn&gt;; Maojianwei (Mao)

&gt; <maojian...@huawei.com&gt;; Maojianwei (Mao) <maojian...@huawei.com&gt;;

&gt; gengnan <geng...@huawei.com&gt;; Tian Tong <ton...@chinaunicom.cn&gt;;

&gt; Lizhenbin <lizhen...@huawei.com&gt;; tongtian124 <ton...@chinaunicom.cn&gt;

&gt; Subject: New Version Notification for

&gt; draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration-10.txt

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; A new version of I-D, draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration-10.txt

&gt; has been successfully submitted by Nan Geng and posted to the IETF

&gt; repository.

&gt;

&gt; Name:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration

&gt; Revision:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; 10

&gt;
Title:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp; Security Considerations for SRv6 Networks

&gt; Document date: &nbsp; 2023-03-06

&gt; Group:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
Individual Submission

&gt; Pages:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
13

&gt; URL:

&gt;
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration-10.

&gt; txt

&gt; Status:

&gt;
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideration/

&gt; Htmlized:

&gt;
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-spring-srv6-security-consideratio

&gt; n

&gt; Diff:

&gt;
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-li-spring-srv6-security-considera

&gt; tion-10

&gt;

&gt; Abstract:

&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; SRv6 inherits potential security vulnerabilities from Source
Routing

&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; in general, and also from IPv6.&nbsp; This document describes
various

&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; threats and security concerns related to SRv6 networks and
existing

&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; approaches to solve these threats.

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;