Robert

The optical control plane ASON/WSON/SSON for that would be the same GMPLS
control plane for IP/Optical  used today for TDM CES (circuit emulation
services) over IP/MPLS, would now also used for Routed Optical SR-MPLS
networks.

The control plane topic is orthogonal to the draft so don’t think it’s
relevant, however maybe informative references could be added.

Regards

Gyan

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 5:51 PM Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net> wrote:

> Gyan,
>
> While I do consider some use cases for what the draft is partially
> describing what you wrote as justification is really the crux of the matter
> why IMO this work should not be adopted in SPRING nor any other IETF WG.
>
> Namely quote:
>
> "IP based optical networks"
>
> "IP over optical hop by hop routed optical  transport"
>
> etc ...
>
> Please observe that this draft does not provide a control plane to optical
> transport stitching. Quite contrary it attempts to mimic characteristics of
> fixed channel transport to stuff it into an IP connection-less paradigm.
>
> Regards,
> R.
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 8:27 PM Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I support adoption.
>>
>> The draft is well written.
>>
>> This is very important work for operators migrating from legacy TDM
>> optical to IP based optical networks using Segment Routing.
>>
>> The requirements is for IP over optical hop by hop routed optical
>>  transport, either  SR-MPLS or SRv6 uSID based networks to provide the same
>> circuit switched 50ms optical bypass available on legacy OTN optical UPSR /
>> BLSR rings, now on SR based IP / Optical networks having the same working
>> and protect make before break MOB scheme for 1:1 protection revertive or
>> non revertive with stateful PCE based hop by hop Co-routed disjoint static
>> SID list for protected path that has QOS LLQ style  bandwidth guarantee for
>>  transport traffic prioritization over other IP traffic in a converged core
>> scenario carrying both IP non transport traffic and IP based optical
>> transport based traffic.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Gyan
>>
>> On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 10:04 AM IETF Secretariat <
>> ietf-secretariat-re...@ietf.org> wrote:
>>

>>> The SPRING WG has placed draft-schmutzer-spring-cs-sr-policy in state
>>> Candidate for WG Adoption (entered by Joel Halpern)
>>>
>>> The document is available at
>>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmutzer-spring-cs-sr-policy/
>>>
>>> Comment:
>>> This starts a two week adoption call for the subject draft.  Please
>>> speak up
>>> if you support or object to WG adoption.  Two notes: 1) WG adoption is
>>> the
>>> start of the process.  The basic question is whether you agree that the
>>> subject is worth the working group time to work on, and whether this
>>> represents a good starting point for the work. 2) Please include
>>> explanation
>>> for your view.  Yes or no are not very helpful answers, as this is not a