Libin

From: Yingzhen Qu [mailto:yingzhen.i...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2024 3:30 AM
To: RTGWG; spring@ietf.org<mailto:spring@ietf.org>; rtgwg-chairs;
draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection
Subject: WG Adoption Call - draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection
(02/09/24 - 02/24/24)

Hi,

This email begins a 2 week WG adoption poll for the following draft:

draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection-05 - SRv6 Egress Protection
in Multi-homed scenario
(ietf.org)<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection/>

Please review the document and indicate your support or objections by Feb 24th,
2024.

Please note that there is an existing WG
document:draft-ietf-rtgwg-srv6-egress-protection-16 - SRv6 Path Egress
Protection<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-srv6-egress-protection/>
 Which proposes fast protections for the egress node and link of an SRv6 path
through extending IGP and using Mirror SID. As you discuss adopting
draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection, please also consider:

*         Do we need these different solutions?

*         Technical merits and drawbacks of each solution

*         If there is any implementation of the proposals, please voice it.

Authors, please respond to the list indicating whether you are aware of any IPR
that applies to the draft.

Also copying SPRING WG.

Thanks,

Yingzhen (RTGWG Co-chair)