Dear WG

I reviewed both drafts which provides a completely different solution for
the same problem of optimization of egress protection of the L2 VPN EVPN or
L3 VPN SRv6 Service SID.

As both drafts provide completely different solutions for the same egress
PE VPN SID protection problem and may both yield different results as far
as link or node failover and recovery times based on vendor
implementations, they should both be progressed separately as their maybe
use cases where one solution maybe more applicable then the other solution
and vice versa.

WG adoption call draft

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-rtgwg-srv6-multihome-egress-protection-05

This draft has IANA code point  allocation of a new SRv6 PGM RFC 8986 PSD
endpoint flavor for all L2 VPN EVPN and L3 VPN endpoints behaviors to
accommodate having an additional Backup VPN SID Segment List (o) position
in the SRH to backup the Primary VPN SiD in case of egress PE primary VPN
SID failure due to PE-CE attachment circuit failure and recovery using this
protected VPN SID solution.

Egress protection draft

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-srv6-egress-protection-16

This draft provides a simplified egress protection mechanism by not
protecting the entire path via 1+1 backup candidate path, providing
protection of all SIDs along the path, alternatively an optimized solution
in this draft using a mirror SID to protect egress PE L2 VPN EVPN or L3 VPN
SRv6 Service SID.

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *